Sunday, March 7, 2010

So many tars

Welp, I'm unemployed! Work officially finished on Friday, after a week of wrap-up around the IBC. We had a lot of take-down and I had no more days off after my Whistler trip for my final week. Our wrap party was a success Sunday night after the Closing Ceremonies, and I must say, it should be illegal to schedule work the day after a party is thrown for 2,300 people, with over $100,000 spent and 11,000 drinks consumed. Pretty awesome time, to say the least.



The rest of the week had a bit more work than we've had recently, and was filled with our final goodbyes to coworkers. Starting Monday, people's contracts were ending and people were heading back to their homes with no job (me included, soon).  It's pretty depressing to think about going back to Minnesota after having such a fantastic time up here. I've been in Vancouver a bit over a month now, I'm finally getting a feel for the city and getting to know the friends I've made, but now boom, work's over, and I have to say goodbye already. Not to mention, the work I've been doing has been amazing!

My sister and mom are coming up to Vancouver next Saturday so I will be spending this next week bumming around till they arrive, hopefully getting some applications in for back home. I am quite excited to see them though! I have been assigned to create an itinerary for our plans next week. Any suggestions?

Here's a pic of most of my fellow runners and me. I will miss working with them so much!



That's all I have for now, just gonna be stuck on the couch for the rest of the night, watching the Academy Awards. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for Meryl!

Peace, love, and Oscars,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment