Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hey you're playing with my delirium

So today is May 5th. Wow. Hello 2010, I thought we were still just getting started and you're already almost halfway gone. It's strange to think that if I was still in school right now I would be finishing up my semester in EC in two weeks. It still feels like I just graduated! I guess time flies when you're having fun.

Since the beginning of 2010, and graduation, I have:
  • Secured two internships with awesome non-profit companies, one doing special events, one doing public relations/marketing. I am equally passionate about both jobs and am hoping to gain some some excellent experience and knowledge this summer. (There's also the Target job, but that one's just there to make my life stressy)
  • Had the experience of a lifetime in Vancouvsie :)!
  • Saw Chris Koza, aka loml, perform in St. Paul
  • Somehow have managed to keep in touch with my EC friends, PL friends, old roomies, and others all over the world, literally!
  • Aaand, yesterday, I did the sad, final move-out from Eau Claire. It's so strange to pack up an entire two years of college life and cramming it all into a room at my parents' house. Not to mention forcing me to really realize that my campus and college days are over and things from here on out are gonna be full of change.
Some of these things I'd like to see for the rest of the year:
  • Finish up my 3 jobs/internships and find a real job for the Fall
  • Move out of ma and pa Widener's - hopefully somewhere downtown!
  • Not get too stressed out working 50+ hours a week and only getting paid for 15 of them
  • Being organized! I already have so many weekends/weeks over the next few months and I have to stay organized to keep track of what I'm doing. Organization is not my strong suit, so we'll see.
  • Go to Lollapalooza!! (Bought my tickets already so I know that's a go)
Whew! It feels good to write down a few goals and accomplishments. When I started this blog right after graduation almost 5 months ago, I didn't know what I'd be doing right now, and I definitely think I'm on the right track to getting a job I want. We'll see how the rest of my goals go by the end of the year, or at least by the end of summer.

Speaking of summer, I cannot wait for it! With 85 degree weather downtown today, I can feel summer getting close. No one I know has put in their boats in Prior Lake yet, but when that happens, I think that will be the official start to my favorite season. Hopefully I won't be too busy to enjoy it!

Also, my good friend Jeff sent me a mix CD all the way from Ireland and I got it in the mail yesterday. It was such a surprise! Always nice to know that someone is thinking about you. Anyway, here is a link to one of my favorite songs he put on the mix. Check it out!!
Ladyhawke - My Delirium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8HwUxFouM

Peace, love, and margaritas,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment