Sunday, January 31, 2010

I find the map and draw a straight line

Hey y'all, how's the weekend been? Mine's been a bit busy, in a totally nothing to do, boring yet fun, kind of way. Last I posted, I had gotten into the city, and spent Thursday wandering Vancouvsie. Scott has been pretty busy at the International Broadcast Center (the IBC), and by busy, I mean working about 10 hour days, including weekends. And I don't start working till tomorrow, so I've spent most of my time since I arrived by myself.

It's been surprisingly nice to wander around the city alone, getting to know how to use the public transportation here and how to get around. I did a lot of shopping Thursday and Friday, so I'm glad work starts soon or I'll probably spend all my money before I even earn any. Scott's roommate James was in town for the past three nights, which was cool because he's from Australia and only 28, so we got to hang out and chat while Scott has been working or sleeping. James left to go work in Whistler for the next month today, so hopefully I meet some younger people at work this week to hang out with while I'm here.

Also, yesterday, Scott had to take a trip up to Whistler for work during the day, and I'm not really sure if I will get a chance to get up there again, so he took me with so I could take a look around and do some more... shopping! Whistler was really beautiful, although the weather wasn't the greatest, so the mountain was kind of covered by fog most of the day, and it was super rainy so I had to walk around with my umbrella the entire time.

And not gonna lie, it's been pretty cool wandering around the city and the mountains by myself, being able to do what I want, but if you know me at all, I prefer to do these things with someone. I actually think this is the longest I've ever gone without having someone to hang out with and do things with, which is kind of pathetic. So I guess, that in itself is kind of a new experience for me, so I'm thankful for that. Now, I'm looking for more new experiences and things to learn while I'm up here.

My laptop has been having issues, so I'm going to try to take it into the shop sometime this week if I can figure out the bus system a little better. Till then, I'm using Scott's computer, so I won't have any more pictures up for a little while.

Love you all, my little monsters,

xx,
A

3 comments:

  1. Adrienne - I'm so excited for the Olympics and am really looking forward to reading about your experiences! Have fun and I hope you get to meet lots and lots of gold medal winners! ~Kelly Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of this one! I've been listening to "Set the Fire to Third Bar" like 10 times a day! Glad you're having fun. Sounds like you're getting to do a ton of cool stuff. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I love that you're being adventurous going out and seeing the city by yourself! I'm sure you've met a ton of people by now though so I'm sure that's not an issue anymore.

    ReplyDelete