Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Room 205

I've been a working woman for three whole days now!! I officially started on Monday as a Logistics runner for OBSV (Olympic Broadcasting Services Vancouver) and during this prep time before the games start, I've ben set to do a variety of tasks. There are quite a few other runners at the IBC, and we haven't done anything too exciting yet, mostly doing things like organizing uniforms that still need to be distributed, putting together spreadsheets, and some other types of grunt-work that no one really likes to do but all needs to be finished behind the scenes to make things run smoothly. Basically, I'm the broadcasting team's little biotch, which is actually okay with me, it's pretty awesome to see how things are being run for such a huge event and show.

Also, I was informed on Monday that I am actually making more than I initially thought, since I am on a unique contract from the States. I will be making 150 canadian dollars a day, seven days a week, even when I'm not required to come in, kind of like a salary pay. However, my shifts will be longer and I will most likely only have one day off a week. I think it will be okay though, I definitely need the money and since I am pretty much here by myself, there's not a whole lot else to do when I'm not working. I am meeting people though! There are a lot of people my age who are just awesome, and everyone at the IBC is so friendly, so I've been exchanging contact info. Hopefully by the weekend I will have some friends! Haha..... ohhh I'm a loser. JK. But seriously...I suck....

Summary: Work has been pretty sweet so far, but I haven't really had time to do anything else. I met my first cute Canadian boy yesterday! And tomorrow I will be working at the curling venue, doing who knows what. Pretty stoked for that.

BUT, it really sucks that my laptop is still broken, I havent been able to upload photos or skype back home for awhile. Sad face.

And one more thing, did you know Vancouver is rainy as hell?? Seriously, every day its raining out. I'm getting a lot of use out of my new rainbow umbrella. Much better than the cold back home though, I suppose! Well thats all I got for tonight! More deets lata...

Misses and kisses!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment