Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't lie to me Vancouver, you've got a little more raining to do

So today was a pretty sweet day at work!
Number one, it was the first sunny day I've seen in Vancouver, which really makes the city even more beautiful, and when you look across the harbour, the mountains really shine. For once I was able to see the whole skyline of the mountains, including the ones with some Olympic venues. Apparently, though, these mountains have been causing some trouble for the games because it's been such a warm winter. The snow usually comes at least a quarter of the way down, but the snow just covers the top this year. So now they are shipping in snow from I can't remember, and covering the hills. Crazy, huh?

Number two, I was able to escape the IBC today with one of the workers in Planning, and went to the curling venue for most of the day to help move furniture around for the broadcasting employees. Not really super exciting, but I did get to pop inside and see the curling rink (where I will be competing for Olympic Gold on the USA Women's Curling Team, FTW!! - inside joke). Here's a pic:

Number three, after we got lunch and finished off our day at the curling venue, Andrew brought me around to a couple of other venues so I could take a peek. We went to the speed skating rink, and then the figure skating venue. Both were awesome!! I don't think Andrew was actually supposed to take me, but it probably won't be a big deal. Here is a picture of the speed skating venue:


And here are a couple from the figure skating rink:

P.s. That's my uniform, can't get really get a view of the awfulness of it, the jacket is okay, but you can't see my disgusting black corduroys or my star trek top.

So, that was my day! Now I'm just chillin at home, looking forward to having my weekend off. G'nite.

Peace, love, and peanut butter,
A

3 comments:

  1. Keep 'm coming! Luv the blogs! Can't wait for more pix to see your photography skills. PS., your uni belongs in my kitchen! Same blue! Come home for cookie bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your continuing experiences. Keep them coming. Nana & Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you'll have to let me know if you see/meet Kim Yu-na! Everyone in Korea is talking about her ice skating there, it's big news here! Good luck with everything. ~Marge

    ReplyDelete