Friday, February 12, 2010

If you wanna get it big time, go ahead and get it, get it big time

This week has been so busy! I actually had the weekend off, which I spent mostly relaxing and trying to get my computer fixed (which is NOT happening while I'm in Van, wayyy too much money), but it will probably be the only time I have both days off until the end of the games.It's been so busy, Scott and I haven't even seen each other since Saturday, except briefly at work. I finally went out on the town last Friday for a few drinks and some dancing, which was pretty fun. I'm meeting some awesome people while I'm up here.

Every day at work has been different; I've been all over Vancouver searching for the perfect wrapping paper to wrap presents for executive, I went back to the curling venue to help out there, and am still distributing uniforms almost every day. There have been a couple more sunny days which makes the city just light up and is pretty awesome for people like me who don't live here to see.

Opening ceremonies are today, so I'm so excited. I think that once the games start the atmosphere is going to craazy in Vancouver, and hopefully I will keep getting cooler assignments to do at work. It is pretty cool to see the Canadians getting so excited about having their Olympics on home ground and how proud they are to live here. I got to see the torch being passed the other day by the station where I get on the seabus to get to work. The runner was supposed to come by and pass it at 8:45, and by 8:00 it was already a sea of red. They had a stage with a Canadian band as well as Native Canadians (is that right??? I have no idea, that sounds weird though) playing and dancing. Right before the runner came by, the crowd started to sing, "Oh Canada," which was cool, although I couldn't sing along. When the torch finally ran through the crowd, it was pretty cool, but I couldn't see much with all the people. Mostly I liked seeing all the people come out with their children, wearing red and white clothes and makeup and carrying Canada flags, supporting their country and getting so excited for the torch to come through. I have a few photos of the morning, which I will post as soon as I can.

Till then, here's one picture I took a few weeks ago before I started work at a place Scott took me to called Horseshoe Bay. Such a pretty place!


Peace out Girl Scout!
A

1 comment: